Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Truth About Owning a Gun


WHY I OWN A GUN....

      I don't own a gun so I can feel tough, like a heroin in an action movie 
nor do I own a gun because I want to.

TRUTH IS
I own a gun because I feel I need to!

Over the years I have had many people ask me WHY? Women seem to ask this the most. Men usually want to know what caliber and want to see it...(sigh)

But here is the long and short of it... 
How about the fact
 that I am 5'4?
 I weigh 130 lb,
I am a middle aged female
and  most importantly if I come up against one or God forbid two criminals I don't stand much of chance if I am alone! And sometimes even being with someone else doesn't make a difference! 
AND
 If he is jacked up on something I am even in more trouble!
And if that isn't bad enough... 
How about the fact that MOST women attacked these days are also raped and tortured before they are finally killed
AND
 I don't want want to be the one who went down without a fight!
I am selfish, I feel my life matters as much as theirs and 
this great equalizer,
  gives me a fighting chance. 
For myself.
  My life
 my safety
MY FUTURE

 I owe myself that. I have a right to that, I have a right to defend my life! 
would I win?
 Maybe? maybe not? but at least I have a chance.

 I also have a chance to protect those I love OR  perhaps even you!
Here's the truth... I don't  own a gun because I want to take a life 
(truly that is something I fear EVER having to do).
  I mean seriously lets face it... bad ass I am NOT!
 I cry when my chickens die.
I hate watching anything suffer!
 I don't watch scary movies of any type. 
I don't like blood!


 SO do I relish the thought of taking on bad guys! Hunting them down?
HELL NO!
 I do all I can to prevent me ever coming up against one!
 I have a fence that surrounds my property.
 I have a NO trespassing sign on my gate,
 I have a lock on my gate,
 I have not one but two LARGE dogs.
 I lock my doors,
AND
 my windows
 I avoid bad areas of town,
 and I don't usually go out alone at night. 

WHY?
BECAUSE I AM NOT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE?
 I don't ever want to have to take a life! 
I am not asking to EVER have to pull out my gun and shoot someone. 
BUT here's the kicker...
I will if I have to! 
Because as selfish as it is MY LIFE MATTERS!
Will it haunt me?
 Perhaps but what would haunt me more is the fact that I did nothing to protect myself and those I love OR even you a stranger or friend.

      I own a gun because my GOVERNMENT scares me! A free American, and yes I am scared. It doesn't matter what side of the spectrum you are on, they all are after 3 things. MONEY,POWER,  and OUR FREEDOM so they can  protect themselves from me and you stopping them from taking the first two. ANYONE who doesn't get that we are losing our freedoms and our children's to each new piece of red tape that is placed in our way, is going to have a very rude awaking soon I fear.


AND
 if that thought doesn't keep you up HOW ABOUT the fact that 

We have other countries demanding the END of us! OF
 AMERICA. The end of the RED, WHITE & BLUE
 And instead of defending our right to protect ourselves we are being asked to feel guilty because we feel a need to protect ourselves. 
We are allowing labels to stop us  and the scariest part of all that is our ENEMIES know this and use it to their advantage!
 How dare we want to protect ourselves from enemies foreign or domestic? 
How dare we want to live our lives without asking permission for most of what we do? How dare we live our life with Freedom and Liberty free from tyranny!

       I own a gun because someday I may have to fight on the very ground I live on to protect our country.
And my country men deserve no less from me.
I fear the day we have to fight for our freedoms instead of our soldiers but I fear that day may come. 
 It has happened in past history and if HISTORY has taught us nothing,
 it is that it often repeats the cycle.
And I will not be caught unaware as were so many before us.
I hope and pray that this day never comes BUT if it does
  I feel I need to be ready to protect myself and those I love  from a tyrant Government.

And if it does
 I will stand ready.
 Will I last long? I doubt it.
 But
I will fight for my life, for my children and for my grandson. I will fight with my last breath... 
will it make much of a difference?
It will to those who are fighting by my side. And for those who I am fighting for.

     We are being told daily that to own a gun
makes us bad,
means we don't care about those who are harmed or killed we are beat up for the harm this "gun culture" is causing.
 I will tell you each time I read or hear or see another story about unarmed Americans being gunned down I cry,
  I feel the heart break,
  I feel the sorrow,
but then I do something else-
 I get PISSED!

Pissed that we are being told it is wrong to arm our students. Pissed that these horrible CRIMINALS know that they can  go to a place where our citizens should be safe, and shoot them down one at time.
Take time to ask them if they are Christians?
Take time to plan out these horrible crimes.
  AND 
that is what they are, CRIMES!

 I get angry that if just one or two might have had the training, the knowledge, the guts, the drive to protect life and liberty from these criminals so much might be different!
One bad guy might be gone and one or more people might be able to
 go on to raise families,
 to teach morals and values to those younger than them.
Be teachers, pastors, doctors
Might be able to cure cancer,
or any number of things.

 BUT then I am shocked each time because NO ONE is blaming the CRIMINAL!
NO one is blaming perhaps the prescription drugs that the person is on and asking that doctors  actually start curing people instead of drugging them... WHY? Because that would mean less money is made in the legal drug industry!
 no one is blaming the video game industry- that promotes one evil game after another. SHOOTING, KILLING, ROBBING, DESTROYING life! That is the games we are allowing our kids to play day after day... BUT no one is calling the end to them! 
OR

the movies industry that promotes anger, hatred,  and LOTS AND LOTS of VIOLENCE!


NO we don't blame them. WE blame the law abiding gun owner.
We blame an object out of fear, 
out of anger,
 out of convenience.
We blame everyone, and anyone our Government tells us to.
We blame who the (bought and paid for) media tells us to
 We blame, we scream, but we don't stop it!

 Because the only way we stop it is by protecting these unsafe areas!

HOW?!?

We arm our military.
I mean if they can fight the enemy on foreign grounds why can't they defend themselves here?
If we know schools and colleges are being shot up why do we keep them unprotected? HOW many students have to die before something changes?

  HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE.... 

CRIMINALS don't care about red tape, they don't care about laws, they don't care about life, unless it is their own, they ONLY care about their own agenda! 
They don't fear police,
 they don't fear laws,
 they don't fear the government....
BUT they do fear dying. Just like we do. They do fear going down in history as no one special. They do fear the great equalizer. BULLIES ALWAYS FEAR THOSE WHO WILL STAND UP TO THEM!

And you aren't helping  us the free law abiding citizens when you scream for our guns.

What it does do? 
It make the criminals stronger!
It makes them more brazen, it makes them more likely to commit even more crimes.
 It makes our Government even stronger, to where they are leading us, telling us how it is going to be instead of the other way around!


Now understand, if you fear guns, I respect that
 You should!
 A gun in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it is a danger, to himself and others! This doesn't make him a CRIMINAL, but it does make him/her stupid! No gun owner that  understands a gun is going to feel any different. GUN OWNERSHIP is a RESPONSIBILITY!

if you HATE guns, and never want one in your home,
 I also respect that!
 I believe it makes you and yours more of a target, I personally believe it takes away a lot of protection from you. BUT hey that is your right to not want it!
AND here's the kicker... 
I DON'T WANT YOU TO HAVE ONE!
if
 having a gun is to much for you. That is OK!  YOU have that right! NO one should force that upon you! EVER!  BUT that same right extends to me. 
IF I want that right,
 that responsibility
 YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE IT FROM ME! 
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DEMAND MY GUNS
 You have no right to demand that you approve of MY gun ownership. If as a law abiding citizen I have kept that right, you have no RIGHT, no moral ground, no argument that negates that right, or to demand that my rights be taken away from me.

I respect your rights, please respect MINE!



3 comments:

  1. I understand your position but what gun owners need to know is that NO one wants to take away a gun from a responsible owner. All we're asking is that there are better background checks, that you can't go to a garage sale and buy a gun (which I saw over the summer in Arkansas) If you're diagnosed with one of the more severe mental health diseases, then you should not have a gun or any weapon. We're asking that the gun lobby take a step back and quit the knee-jerk scare tactics that the President wants to disarm you. Instead, with soft hearts, come to the table and admit we have to find solutions.

    All we're asking for is a middle ground, We don't work this way in marriages, one side doesn't dig in their heels and not compromise with their spouse, do they? We wouldn't stand for that. Why do we do that in politics? Why is there no middle ground?

    Why can't people get their news from 5 news sources rather than listen to the one they agree with? My husband was in the military for 8 years, He's an expert marksman, can take apart and put back together an M16 blindfolded. He says there is no good reason for a civilian to have a military sniper rifle or any semi-automatic for that matter; they're made to kill humans. People can have all the guns they want but why are Americans so fascinated with high powered assault weapons?

    I really think gun enthusiasts are too worried. There are roughly 89 firearms for every 100 people in the US. We're a heavily armed society. No one is taking them. If the slaughter of Sandy Hook didn't do it, nothing will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your point, but also not once did you mention the solution of arming these NO GUN zones. Let's look at drugs, gangs, crime, it is all illegal. We have all come together and said, WE DON'T want these in our cities, in our children's hands, in our schools, in our streets. Have they gone away? NO. Laws will never be followed by CRIMINALS ever!
      I actually don't watch the news anymore. ANY channel. You can't trust what you hear. Bottom line is this if they can decide what law abiding citizen can and cannot have a gun we lose. (we being Americans)
      I came from an abusive back ground when I was younger. I was put in a hospital for depression; I was given a drug for depression. According to the law you want in place, I now no longer have a right to a gun. I no longer am safe. It doesn't matter that I grew up an got out of that unsafe environment I was forced to be in, it doesn't matter that I have successfully raised 4 amazing kids who have become successful young adults, it doesn't matter that I have taken gun safety. It doesn'tmatter I have not taken those same required drugs for over a decade. None of this would matter. None of the above information would count.
      A solution doesn't become a solution because we agree to your demands. And that is what they are. Demands! I thank your husband for his service but your husband is wrong. There is good reason to own a gun, For protection! From enemies foreign and domestic. AND we have both!
      You are more than welcome to your view. I respect it. I don't agree with it, but I respect it.
      BUT keep your opinion in your home not in mine. BTW a gun enthusiast is not who you are going after. Most gun owners are none of these. What they are is law abiding citizens.
      And you know what would have stopped Sandy Hook?
      ONE person who knew and had a gun to stop a mad man, instead of providing him places to shoot innocent children like fish in a barrel. Our laws are to blame for that horrible incident, for those lost lives, not the 2nd Amendment. If that teacher could have stopped him, instead of watching them be gunned down. Just like the student this last week that REFUSED to just watch. He took action. He attacked the shooter. He used what he had. WHAT if he could have used a gun?
      To not even kill the man, but just stop him? How different might that scene played out? Instead of standing watching one by one classmates being gunned down. And you want to want to take more of those rights away? You call us knee-jerking reactions because we want to defend that right. Because we value life more than we value a criminals? That is what that madman was. A Criminal! Now instead of making sure our students don’t come up against that situation again you want more LAWS! Do you think red tape would have stopped him? Do you think red tape would have stopped the Sandy Hook? Do you think red tape would have stopped the military shootings? RED TAPE, new laws stops the law abiding not the CRIMINALS. And if I ever come into that situation I want the choice, the right, to make my life matter. To make your life matter and to fight back! That is the only thing that will ever stop them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.