CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 8, 2012

The Adventure Continues

Well when I started this blog 3 years ago I said I wanted to leave the city behind and get back to the country... little did I know the adventure that awaited me!



Not that I ever knew the country, no grandparents, aunts or uncles on a farm. No family friends with chickens just a lot of episodes of "Little House on the Prairie" when I was growing up. If they only knew how dangerous this show could actually be for some kids!

 I mean don't we look like that? Ok not quite but we had a goal and that is a starting point.... RIGHT???



So we started the adventure with the 100 year old Farm House








then the chickens,









 then the ducks,


 then the 2 dairy goats

and so on......
 and so on... 
BUT being one who has never been present when anything other then my kiddo's were born I was in for a new experience. And a new experience it was... BABY GOATS with me assisting. AND was there a trained vet near by??? of course not!!! Just good ol YouTube and a dear friend (thanks Deana I couldn't have done it with you!). BUT we did it. I cried, I was scared but 2 healthy little bucks Zac and Zeke are here!

(aren't they precious!!!)

And we just love them! 

Together we got through it and I don't think either of us could be happier.
 (Zoie did amazing as this was her first time too!)



SO the MORAL to the story... IF YOU want to get back to the homestead but never thought it possible because it wasn't where you started... REMEMBER if I can do it ANYONE can.. and in the process you might find that it is all you would ever need for adventure and peace!


5 comments:

  1. Growing up, My parents moved us out of town when I was 11. We had ducks, geese, turkeys, chickens, guinea fowl and a horse. It was enough for me. I like town living, but admire those who enjoy the country life.
    Those goats are oh, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I've loved following--and learning from!--this adventure of your family's over the past few years; I hope you'll be able to keep it up, if only as a continuing inspiration to me and others. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw those baby goats are adorable! Congrats on your first 'delivery' assistance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How completely COOL! I love that you delivered baby goats! I'm not sure I could do it. Plus, I'm assuming it's all kinds of messy and I don't like messy. I have missed you my friend. I'm glad to see you're doing well. =) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back! We missed you here in blogland.

    Aren't your baby goats precious? I am so jealous. I WISH we could find a house and move to the country. All the houses with land around here are unbelievably expensive. My Hubby is dying for chicks, but I refuse to have any in a subdivision.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.