Friday, March 2, 2012

KC's College Tour

Well I did it... I sucked it up and did it. I have finally accepted that my oldest daughter is going to leave me and find a life of her own...(Sigh) and how did I do this you ask? or not....

Well "we" went on a college tour together. She has been on 4 others with school officials or teachers but never with MOM. She said when she thought she had found the one we would go together. And today was that day! It was hard even though it is a whole year away. I mean REALLY hard! BUT it was only 2 hours away (she drives one hour, I drive one hour and we are together again) ='s one Happy Momma!

Do I sound NEEDY or what!?!  But I love her so much the thought has me already missing her....


BUT if you could have seen her face. Seen the way she lit up when we walked the dorms, went and talked to professors, and walked the campus... she was HOME!

S...I....G.....H....
 
At least the home she will soon take on.
 Again a year from now...
 ( I know I know...suck it up you big baby!)

 but sometimes it takes me a while to deal when it comes to my kiddos.... and for some reason even more when it is one of my daughters...

because I still remember this girl....


I do think it is going to be a great fit for her. One of the best colleges for her degree in Elementary Education and a minor in theatre....(she thinks) it was also just named the safest campus in Ks. So that helps too...




SO I guess now it scholarship time... cause look at that face... 






How could I not make sure this happens!


3 comments:

  1. My oldest is a junior in highschool and I already get teary eyed thinking about her going off to college. But I had such a blast when I went that I look forward to hearing about it all, the way I called my mom and talked for hours. Aww, it's so bittersweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, I remember when my mom went through the whole empty nest thing when I was leaving for college. You're very lucky she'll be so close! I moved a state away, and it's a 9 hour drive. I never moved back either-poor thing! But we talk all the time and we're closer than ever now. Just wait-you will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I don't blame you. We still have four years and I can't stand to think about it. At least it is close, right? Been missin' you in bloggy world, by the way. Hope everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.