I have often been asked, "Why I carry a gun on me?" and "Why I feel I need to carry a gun?" And though I have a desire to answer that question that brings understanding often I have lacked being able to present my reasons and in turn felt more judged then anything. However today I found someone who puts my every reason to be gun carrying woman and proud of it better then I could have ever hoped to.
I hope you will read her reasons and if you are afraid of guns
I hope you will find a reason to face that fear (as I had too). If you don't carry I hope for the safety of you and yours you will start. Or at least have someone show you how to handle one if you ever need to.
And I hope you never have reason to use it as I hope that I never do as well.
But hope is not action and I am a woman of action. I also hope you understand that I consider myself a kind and loving person and would never want to harm a living human being...(I catch spiders for goodness sake and put them outside...unless of course they are a brown recluse.. that guy is a goner... the same way someone who leaves his or her humanity behind to become an animal who will attack and leave me or worse my loved ones wounded or dead from it... I look at him/her or in many cases them no differently!)
I also want you to know guns USED to scare me to death.. now I feel safer because of them. After taking my CC class and hearing the satistics we women are against.. I know I stand at least a fighting chance.
Satistic 1. 70% of all brutaly violent crime is against women. That means we have a 50/50 chance of being attacked and if we are we have a 30% chance of surviving it!!!
Satistic 2. Almost all violent crimes against women will have a sexual assult.
Satistic 3. The MOST dangerous place for a woman is getting in out and of her CAR! (Jeez ladies how many times a day do we do that???) Usually coming or going from somewhere that we considered safe.
Satistic 4. Almost all violent crimes against women now involve at least TWO attackers!
I hope after reading this article you will find less reason to judge and more reason to protect yourself and your loved ones.Why This Woman Carries A Firearm