Friday, April 1, 2011

Confession Good for the Soul


Well here we have another Friday to let it all out. The good, the bad and the ugly

I confess..... today started off horrible. I went out to check on Phoebe (my sitting hen) and hopefully today my new baby chicks to find she destroyed the nest. Almost every egg destroyed by her. 3 weeks of babying her and bringing her treats to destroy all those eggs! Maybe she wasn't ready after all.... Boo Hoo... my sweet baby chicks

I confess... then I came in  to check on my sick hen that I have been nursing inside for almost a week. Hand feeding  and babying in everyway possible to have her bite me. Seriously now she is biting me!!! UGGGH

I confess... that I also discovered that my sweet girls overslept this morning and I don't even care!!! Girls welcome to a day of vacation! Enjoy the day off.

I confess... that there is laundry that needs to be done, a room that needs to be vaccumed and dusted and I SO DON'T CARE!!!!!

I confess... that today I am going to enjoy the beautiful weather God blessed me with. I am going to ignore my house and enjoy my girls. And hope that next week is better!

14 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are having a rough start to your day. I do the same thing when my day goes haywire...just kick back, relax and enjoy my family.I call it a Mental Health Day and dive back into the hum drum stuff the next day...enjoy and look forward to a better tomorrow !

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, your header and new blog look is darling !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart your new blog design, it is so cute! :) Have a great day enjoying time with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chickens are weird. I hated nothing more as a kid than having to convince chickens to give me their eggs without biting me. Sometimes I let them keep the stupid eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!
    I have a scar on my arm from Bob the Rooster! He was sick and bit me.
    Maybe it's because they don't feel good.

    Why destroy the nest?? Maybe one of the other hens went after the eggs.
    Mine eat each others eggs if they don't lay them where they are suppose to.

    I get my new chicks in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the new blog design, very spring happy. :)

    Yikes on the chickens - after reading both of those confessions, I'm not sure that raising chickens is something I'd ever want to venture into!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's terrible about the eggs! I really want some chickens but can't have any :(. I will have to live vicariously through you. lol. So, more chicken info please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a ok to me. I don't let my self not care enough. I tend to have to get everything done asap, gotta work on that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there ever a time when there isn't laundry to be done? My least favorite chore for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the weather ohhh how I want the sunshine to stick around. Ugggghhhh laundry is such a pain mine is never ever caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! That's horrible!

    Well, your page is super cute and it makes me happy. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel ya girl! My whole house needs to be cleaned and I don't care! I told ya to be careful with those chickens! They peck and bite! Yikes! My Hubby wants to get chickens in our back yard, but we live in a subdivision. I told him NO WAY Hosea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that's so sad that you lost the eggs. You are a good mom though. I could use a big dose of "I don't care" most days. Hope you had a great day with your girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you got out and just enjoyed the day...you totally deserved it after all of that!

    Biting chickens?! What the?!

    Sorry about the baby chicks too. Boo.

    Cute new Easter layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.