Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saving a Little Green

Ok for those who do not know me I am NOT into the "whole go green" thing. I think more money and resources have been wasted then saved with all the propaganda that is out there. I am of the belief if you want to make the planet better you just do it. You don't preach about it, you don't cut down a hundred trees to print flyers, brochures and have major celebrations that cost millions of dollars. You just you do your own little part to use a little less, make things a little more natural and try to leave as small a mark on the earth as possible.  So today I am sharing a "little way" to save some green while going green (without all the hoopla and guilt).

Making your own bathroom cleaner (think soft scrub)

1/2 c. of dish washing liquid... doesn't matter what kind.( I like Dawn)
1/2 c. of baking soda
1/4 c. of vinegar

I use my Dawn bottle when it is about down to half a cup so I can squirt it out (and you can reuse the bottle over and over) . Anyway throw it all in a bottle shake and use (this will bubble at first so best to do over the sink). It DOESN'T take a lot. A little goes a long way. And now you save some green not just in your pocket but you know exactly what is going down the drain... no harsh chemicals here! And it cleans like no ones business with a little help from you. Hope you enjoy this and let me know what you think...

4 comments:

  1. Oh thanks! And I think I like you even more-not really into the whole green movement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post...Totally agree ! I make my own laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent, all natural and cheap. I have been using a similar recipe to yours in the post for a few years now and it is great also.

    I love the Earth, our only home and do my part like you, daily and quietly !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, I will have to give this a try. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the smell of the vinegar doesn't make me puke all over my clean countertops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a green girl either. I mean, I do my part and I would looooove to have solar panels and all that, but it's too freakin' expensive to be completely green! It's frustrating! Anyway, GREAT idea. Thanks for the tip. I'll try this because I loathe spending my $$ on expensive cleaners!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.