Monday, March 28, 2011

I Am Ashamed, But I Will Do Better

Yesterday at my ward (congregation) we had the opportunity to hear our wonderful Bishop (preacher) speak to us, and I  found his talk one of those that I believe will forever change my life.  He talked about "Living Thanks" and I have to admit the more he talked the more ashamed and remorseful I felt. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes as I reflected on those two words. So much meaning.

I have often heard of the term "give thanks" and I have tried to do that in my own way. I try to be a good person, loving wife and mother but when I really thought about it I was so disappointed in myself because I haven't really "Lived Thanks" to me there is such a difference in the two. One is a thought and another an action. Does my life reflect one of action... Not the way it should.

Instead of wishing and  wanting what I may not have I should be so grateful for all that I do not just with my words but with my daily actions. I want to "live thanks" for my husband, my beautiful children, my ex-husband, my parents and siblings, extended family and my amazing friends and examples.

Just listing those few words shows how much I have to be grateful for each day. I want to awake each day and show the Lord and others through my actions how grateful I am. For all the little things that make each day a blessing. From this day forward I will do better. I will live with thanks in my heart for all the little things that make everyday a blessing, for each breathe I take a reason to smile and be grateful for the next. No matter what I will do better! I want my headstone to state just these few words "she lived with thanks" and I want them to be true.

8 comments:

  1. I love this! I too need to do a better job of living with thanks, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you posted your thoughts on that talk your Bishop gave and that you used the words "ashamed and remorseful" instead of "guilt" Our Bishop recently remarked that guilt is one of the tools Satan uses to bring us down, refuse to improve because of pride, wallow in it or repent if necessary.

    This is a great reminder for our own spiritual growth, our temporal well being, our happiness in this life and to attend our meetings weekly. Just think if you had missed that message that touched you so deeply...thank you for sharing it with us !!!

    Hugs,
    Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEEDED this reminder today! Thank you. So heartfelt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I am oh so thankful for everything, but I don't always "live" it either. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! What a great message. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly beautiful post! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this. Just what I needed. I'm also trying to live my life with a thankful heart, most days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.