Thursday, March 17, 2011

Christmas the Day Before St Paddy's Day!

Wow what a big surprise when I opened my FB account. I had  2 new friend request and normally I don't get to excited about them but this time it was from cousins that  I haven't seen or heard from since I was 7 or 8! Since I am now almost 41 it feels like Christmas!

Our parents have never been very good at keeping touch so this was a wonderful news. My kids have often wondered if they would ever get the chance of a big Family Reunion on my side and now it looks like we can make that happen. Or least plan too :)

I often have wondered where everyone was and what they might be doing. And now through the miracle of modern technology (oh how I love my puter!!!) I can find out. I have even convinced one of my lovely cousins (welcome Joanna to the addictive yet wonderful world of blogging!) to start...
Isn't she beautiful! (I stole this picture from her FB page... wink wink) I think the last time I saw her she was 4!
 Can you believe this skinny minny has 6 children?!?
I mean really 6 kids !!!! Unbelieveable!
from 18 to 3
Wow! 
I can't wait to meet them!

I hope I can do the same thing with Kim. (that's right Kim you have to drink the koolaide if you're going to be in the cool kids group!  

We haven't actually had the opportunity to talk yet (she is at work... BOOOOOO!)  but I can't wait until we do. I am sure we will find we both have a lot in common since we kind of are the ones who raised our siblings. Well I feel like the Johnson clan finally has the "Luck of the Irish" on our side today! Beautiful weather and family... what could make a better day?

7 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I reconnected with three of my Arkansas cousins on Facebook a week or two ago. Ain't it great?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be reconnecting with family members. Enjoy it !!!I am the one who must connect with my cousins...they are so busy living their own lives, they never extend themselves unless I do first and that's after I usually travel 3,000 miles to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories like this, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook is amazing for this kind of stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may hit ignore if one of cousins requests me on FB....they're scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ya just LOOOOVE Facebook? It's so great for keeping in touch with people! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love facebook for this VERY reason!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.