Friday, February 4, 2011

Don't Look Now But You're On Camera!




Thanks to my wonderful friend (Tanya) at Frou Frou Britches I just found out I have been on camera along with my phone number, address, directions to my home (a map just in case you a need a visual) and information about my family along with pictures to boot for any would be rapist, robber or all together bad guy to see!



Ladies this is scary info! Please go to Spokeo and remove your name from this list. This not only gives info about you, your family (children included), the value of your home, pictures for the whole world to see. This is all FREE info to anyone who wants it! They can pay to see more...
(I knew I should keep my curtains closed) 
but all joking aside. Please check it out and remove yourself for your safety...


Thank you Tanya (love to you girl) for the step by step play which I have now pasted below...


1.  Go to Spokeo and search for your name.  Copy the url that show up for your profile.

2.  Go down to the bottom of the page and click the "privacy" button. 

3.  Copy the url in the space provided.  Enter your other information (name and email) and hit "Remove   Listing"


Also if you find your name more then once (or if your like me and you go by your middle name more then your first check with both names) I was listed 4 times with a previous address. It will only let you delete 3 of them a day so follow up and make sure you are completely removed!


Thanks again Tanya! You're the Best!

12 comments:

  1. You are so welcome! Gotta keep my bloggy friends safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am telling everyone I know!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is crazy! I'll def. be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, that's super scary! Pictures??? Like for real? Damn. No more dancing naked in front of open windows for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Headin over now...this is freaky! Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that a couple of weeks ago and it's so crazy but it pulled me up but not my husband! What's up with that!!!!
    I didn't know you could remove it so thanks for that info i'm gonna go do that now!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine on facebook posted about Spokeo awhile back and that whole thing is just craaazy! My husband was on it, but not me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How scary! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny story, when I looked up my info I was listed as living at my last address but I was listed as living there with my ex-husband's ex-wife. LMFAO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this...there are six listings for my maiden name alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.