Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wish I Didn't Feel So Wobbly Starting Out

Today I will look back. Honestly that isn't something I do a lot of, looking backwards. I usually like to let the past go and look forward to a new day. But today of all days I will look back. See where I have gone on my journey... take inventory of what I accomplished.  My goals. Which to let go of for another time. Which to work on harder. And which to give myself a high five and a nice little *pat* for.

Well going over last year I wanted to raise goats. I guess that one I need to move to this year, but the process is already started. "Sugar and Spice" I eagerly await your birth. Together we will have some fun adventures. And soon I will be a cheese and soap maker. This goal I will keep!

Raise my chickens! I did this one. Yeah for me :) When I wrote this goal one year ago today I wasn't really sure of anything with chickens. "Which came first the chicken or the egg?"  I didn't know if they would survive me or the dogs! But as of today I have a flock of 16. I can clean a chicken coop in less then 20 minutes and I can even handle chicken poo( if I have to).
Me the girl that loved high heels and makeup! Yeah ME~ *pat pat*

 Next, laundry soap and such. I did find the time to learn to make my own laundry soap, cleaning products and repair a few items for longer use. I learned the beginnings of dehydrating, making homemade wheat bread, cornbread and cinnamon rolls. Not much of a goal for some but for me I am one step closer to where I need to be.

My garden was a success as well.. Not everything came out, but for several months I provided my family  and some friends with fresh produce from my own hands. Learned some great lessons...(ie put up chicken wire if you want any melons for your family or the chickens will eat them all! Little oinkers!!!) And I have made quite a compost for this next year trying to do my part for the earth. It even has earth worms in it!

Ok now the hard one... Patience!!! I think I am a little better. I hope in the last year I have grown in this. "Not expecting that the only correct way is my way"! Letting go of what I can't change, and not trying to do it all. Actually I feel kind of bad because I think I quit trying to do most of it! Maybe this is one I need to find some balance with. Am I patient? Well .... Ok deep reflection says I have to put this one back on my list!



And now my new goal for this year.. Balance. I don't know why this one is so hard for me. *Sigh*  Maybe I am just to lazy to find it. I think finding "balance" takes a lot of work! It doesn't just happen. You have to make it happen. I am often impressed and yes, even a little jealous of my friends who have such incredible balance. They all make it look so easy! School, kids, family, sports,  working out, jobs and church. Just listing them all makes me tired! But I guess that is the reason for continuing to set my goals. So I guess that is the "big" one. Balance!

bal·ance

noun, verb, -anced, -anc·ing.
–noun
1.mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
2.the power or ability to decide an outcome by throwing one's strength, influence, support, or the like, to one side or the other..
3. to arrange, adjust, or proportion the parts of symmetrically.
 Wish I didn't feel so wobbly starting out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.