Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Junk Out January

So I have this really smart and talented friend (love you Alicia) who came up with a different goal each month of the year to improve her life. So here I go...
Junk Out January!
This month I will dedicate myself to clearing away the junk!

The junk in my home, mind and in my life. I will except that I am *sigh* human and with that comes limitations!
I will give my BEST  but that doesn't always mean it is going to be award worthy. Nor look like the cover of a glossy magazine. I may fail but at least I TRIED! And isn't that what really matters anyway?

No cabinet will be safe, no drawer untouched.  If I don't use it, need it, or have some real value in it... IT GOES! I have heard that 80% (wow that's a lot) of people will snoop into your medicine cabinet, well no need to snoop. I am going to open up all the dark recesses for you to see. 

WHY??? 

Because I need some accountability. I can promise it might be a little surprising, and perhaps even scary. But that is what this month is all about. I am letting go of the fear of being judged, I am letting go of the shame of not being perfect (ok so we all already know I am NOT that!) and I am going to embrace all the junk and give it one big Heave Ho! 

And maybe, just maybe I can inspire you to do the same! :)



4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I am going to get this house in order or as I say, I'm on an orgainizing bender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, Nice to know I am not in this alone! Always much more fun with friends along.
    Thanks for the comments and stop by and let me know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I didn't know you had a blog!! I can't believe how grown up your kids are now! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers for our family. I wish I had a home that I could get organized instead all I can think about is the storage unit out in New York that is filled with junk, I will get to it eventually in the mean time I guess all I can do is keep biting my nails ;) love you Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Junk out January--I could use some of that! I think this has inspired me..I could start with my closet, under the bed...there is so much I haven't looked at in years so I obviously don't need it. Wonder what next month will be?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.