Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Spring Garden

Wow has it really been five months since my last post... Life get's so busy. Summer had so many things growing and changing for us. My beautiful garden came to life and then thanks to the heat, (some days we hit 110) also proceeded to die quickly!  Though I can't really complain as I was one of the lucky ones. Before the heat took its toll we were blessed with lots of lettuce, spinach, radishes, carrots, and a variety of  melons. And I guess it wasn't a total loss as I have learned that there is much that I need to learn for my garden next year...Who knew that there was so much to know about a garden!


We chose to go with a square foot gardening option.What a great concept that is... plant lots of different produce in one in bed... Companion gardening, adding your flowers for both color and pest protection... I am not sure who came up with such a brilliant idea, but they have given me back hours that would have been spent on my knees weeding. Plus it is just so pretty! And I like pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.