Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Little Boy Is All Growed Up!

Today we celebrated my sons 19th birthday, he actually turned 19 on the 23rd of this month, but being older now wanted to spend the day with his friends. So tonight he comes here to celebrate with his family.  I made his favorite meal Hawaiian Haystacks and Cream Cheese cake. He smiles at me with those big eyes as I ask "How is it?".. He smiles and just takes another bite...  My night is made.


As I watch him I have to wonder... how did we get to this point? Where did my little boy go? When did time just slip away and steal him from me. How did this happen, and where was I?



As I  sit here writing this he drift's asleep in his sisters room,  his long legs hang off the edge of her bed and he looks so big, I swear it was just the other day that he was a little boy driving me crazy with his "but why" questions and leaving his toys out.  I can still see him with his little curls driving his Mickey Motorcycle in the living room, or coming home from kindergarten so excited to share what he learned that day..

Now I have to just hope he will drop by and give me one of those deep hugs I live for...  He stands taller then me by a full 6 inches, has a deep voice and looks so much like a man. He has ripped muscles, a captivating smile and gentle eyes. He is noticed a lot by the young ladies but he doesn't notice...
He is such a great young man. Unsure of what he wants to do with his life, and where to head but so excited to figure it out on his own.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, that is Ty marching to his own drum, doing it his way. My little boy is gone...and in his place stands a man ready to take off down his own highway just this time it is without Mickey and mommy at his side...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by.. I love your comments they really make my day.